THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - Rebecca Buckley's Blog

Thursday, June 10, 2010

HOW DO YOU SCHEDULE YOUR WRITING DAY?

I'm arranging a daily schedule that I can follow, or hope to follow.  Do you ever find yourself doing everything else except what you'd planned to do? 

What happens to me is my mind gets cluttered with my list of things to do and then I go helter skelter, jumping from one thing to another.  Even when I make a list on paper or on the computer.  I don't just go down the list, I choose what I want to do.  I know, I know.  Priortize.  Well, that's all well and good, but doesn't work for me.  I left all that priortizing behind me in corporate America. 

So, I've made a vague schedule for myself. 

8 to 9 a.m.   P.R.
9 to 10  Web Updates
10 to 12  Edit RJBP books
1 to 4 Write

What I do after 4:00 p.m. is my choice - work or play or study (courses on writing and a TESOL course - teaching english as a second language)   Of course I am usually working way into the night most days (3:30 a.m. this morning), but at least this will give me some structure to follow and I'll be relieved in knowing that I am at least doing the list every day, regardless.

Today was my first day to try this.  And so far it's working.  I'm on the 9 to 10 portion and here it is 9:48 a.m.  Perfect.  This is a blog update.  Great!  I'm on schedule.

So how do you schedule your time?   (Of course, I'm lucky.  No one else to try and fit into my life other than myself.  No children, no outside employment.)  Definitely an advantage.

Have a good day ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on the subject at hand ... would love to hear your reaction or impressions. To make it simple, just sign in using 'anonymous', but please tell us who you are in the content of your comment.