THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - Rebecca Buckley's Blog

Thursday, January 3, 2013

THE NEW YEAR AHEAD FOR ME . . . BUSINESS AS USUAL

Each new year brings lots of plan-making, usually, and lots of resolutions to do things better including improving your physical and mental health (which includes emotional health), but this year I'm taking a different approach.

Yes of course, I am still working on the weight-loss, as you can see in my I HATE BEING FAT series, and yes I am writing two books this year - one novel and a non-fiction, or maybe a short story collection, but these are always uppermost in my mind whatever the year.  Nothing new.

So, in addition to the usual . . . my different approach is this . . .

I am going to go about my daily business, personal and professional, at my own pace. I am going to enjoy the time between the two much more. Family is going to be a priority, more so than before. That is, those who need me, some don't.  lol lol  Funny how that works.  Must watch my boundaries.

And I am going to try to bite my tongue when it comes to giving my opinion or feelings when I shouldn't.  Now that will be a biggie ... for sure ... especially with some of my close friends.  I'm going to let them take the lead and I'll try and stay out of it.  lol lol  Sure.  But I mean it, I really do.

I'm going to try and support my daughter's choice of fellas, which is a hard one.  But it's her life, her feelings. And as I remember back to all the times my parents didn't approve of my choices, it really didn't make any difference, I went there anyway.  Had to do it my way regardless.  I tend to forget that when it comes to love and lust, parents input is inconsequential in the real world.

So I made my choices my way, now it's my daughter's turn, just as my sons made theirs. I can only hope she doesn't get hurt any more than she already has been.  We parents tend to want to protect our wee little ones.  Although my daughter is pushing 50, so I guess she's entitled to her freedom from mama. lol lol

Okay, other than keeping my nose out of others' business, I am going to take it light and easy this year (reminds me of the Frank Sinatra song 'Nice and Easy').  Am going to do things I enjoy and still get my work done, for I do enjoy my work.

I have four books lined up to publish this first quarter by four authors: Charles Moore, Ray Duarte, Mary Patricia Alden, Curtis Hendel.   And I'm writing my two books at the same time.

ALSO ... there're a few trips I'm hoping to take this year.  Am working on those possibilities.

So, here's to you all, may you have a fun year too!  It's all up to us to make it so.


1 comment:

  1. After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your rebeccabuckley.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

    Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

    = = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

    In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

    Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
    day!!

    And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

    But how does it work??

    You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
    times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
    you're done!!

    Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
    could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

    = = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

    ReplyDelete

Please comment on the subject at hand ... would love to hear your reaction or impressions. To make it simple, just sign in using 'anonymous', but please tell us who you are in the content of your comment.