Amazing! I weighed in at 178 for the second day in a row this morning. I honestly don’t see how I don’t weigh more after yesterday’s binge.
Okay, I’ll tell you what I had that threw me into such a tizzy. 4 Nutter-Butters and 5 Lemon Thins.
I HATE MYSELF!
Alright, it isn’t the end of the world, but when I think of where I’d be if I hadn’t done the two days of bingeing . . . probably would have lost 2 more pounds . . . it really irks me.
I worked all night, by the way, till six this morning. So today I’m a bit frustrated and tired. But I did sleep four hours this morning. So here it is noon already, time to start my day.
OJ and coffee coming up.
Oh, I know what I wanted to talk about . . . the FIT FOR LIFE diet. Do you know it?
Back in the eighties I followed the plan for a year, and along with it I did weight training at a Nautilus gym every day on my lunch hour. I was so fit you wouldn’t believe it. Wore T-shirts INSIDE my jeans. No muffin-top whatsoever, no bra rolls, no flabby arms, no gobbler neck. There it is again, my FAVORITE FAB FORTIES
The premise on the FIT FOR LIFE diet is to eat only fruit in the mornings, salads and veggies at lunch, and a protein with veggies at dinnertime. Snacks are relegated to raw vegetables or other healthy tidbits. Basically that’s all it is. And there’re plenty of recipes to vary the intake, making it more palpable.
Diamond also encourages proper food combining, for instance never eat a potato with meat, eat a potato instead of meat. He stresses that 70% of your daily food intake should be water-based. Eat as much as you want of these water-based foods (fruits and vegetables – live food, as he calls it), leaving the other 30% for ‘dead’ foods, which are meats, dairy, grains, etc. Never eat fruit with ‘dead’ foods, surprise, surprise!
The plan is relatively easy to follow, and I thought about doing it this time, but I’m liking the idea of counting calories and knowing exactly what minerals and vitamins I’m putting into my body, even though I’ve yet to do it right!!!!! Yet to have the ideal day according to the program.
TODAY WILL BE THE DAY!
But first I’m going to toss out all the sweets, right now! Oh, this is going to hurt!
Well, I made sure I wouldn’t think of digging into the trash bag of sweets later (which isn’t beyond me) by cleaning out the kitty litter box and adding it to the treat bag – now it’s a bag of candy and cat crap!
Ha ha ha! There’s always a way to beat it. Works for me!
BRUNCH – Raw Juice
After I had my juice and while I was out shopping, about mid afternoon I decided to stop at China City and have a meal. Hadn’t had Chinese for weeks and once the idea struck me, I had to follow through.
EARLY DINNER – Chinese Food
Broccoli Beef, Chicken Chow Mein, Iceberg Salad & Italian dressing, Soft Serve Ice Cream and custard. Ooops! There it is again! The offender … DESSERT!
Problem was . . . it put me over in my daily sugar allotment by 23 grams. The daily amount should not go over 24 grams, so I had twice the amount at one meal.
But with some exercise, some of that would be deducted. And with the walking I had done during the shopping, that helped. But I was still over. If I would have done the weight training like I’d planned, it would have been even better.
But then when I got home, my friends called and wanted to pick me up to go have Mexican. I hadn’t seen them for a while so I went with them. I could just have something to drink, didn’t need to eat for I wasn’t hungry, and I didn’t want to foul up my day’s menu. It was a good plan.
Sure it was!
SUPPER – Chips & Salsa, Guacamole, Midori Margarita
When we came home after Mexican, we had some wine and conversation for a couple more hours before my friends left. Of course after they left, I went to the pantry and pulled down the Melba Round Crackers, got the cheese from the fridge and commenced to have cheese and crackers, I was hungry. Lordy! Lordy!
You see how much I am out of control?
Here’s what the day’s totals were …
DAY THREE TOTALS:
CALORIES 2036 1200
CARBS 183 165
FAT 88 40
PROTEIN 64 45
SUGAR 58 24
SODIUM 2214 2500
Double the calories allotted, over in carbs, double the fat, over in protein, double the sugar, I’m okay in the sodium department. So once again, the major culprits are CALORIES, FAT, and SUGAR!!!
You know, if I would have taken into consideration a bit of the FIT FOR LIFE way of eating in combination with calorie counting, my day would have been much better, wouldn’t it?
Obviously I NEED HELP!