THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - Rebecca Buckley's Blog

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF ...

Okay, I'm making a promise to myself. I'm going to post every day to this blog, whether it's only a few words or many. Some posts might be informative to those reading, some posts might be personal in nature and might be interesting to you at that level ... who knows! We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?

Alright ...

Today, supplementing my income is on my mind. When isn't it? But this week it is more than usual. I've a reduction in basic income coming up and I need to replace that amount. So, I'm pulling my freelance writing skills out of the trunk and plan to do it that way.

Last night I came across Triond Publishing as a search result for online article-writing. It looks good, I joined it. Tonight I'll write the first submission. Now it may generate only pennies in compensation, but I'm willing to try it and see how it works. One thing I can do is sell my articles more than once, submit them to other concerns which is legal, and it's a start.

By the way, I've found that the best single reference book for freelance writing is Kelly James-Enger's "Six Figure Freelancing." A must-own book. And The Writer magazine is an excellent source of tips for freelancers.

At Triond Publishing you can submit articles, short stories, photos, music, whatever ... they do it all. Interesting. Maybe I'll finally get some use out of the professional camera I purchased to take photos to accompany my travel articles. That's where I think I'd shine ... writing travel articles and snapping the photos. Hummmmmm ... yep, that's it!

Okay, now that I've worked through this, I see the direction I will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on the subject at hand ... would love to hear your reaction or impressions. To make it simple, just sign in using 'anonymous', but please tell us who you are in the content of your comment.