THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - Rebecca Buckley's Blog

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

LISTENING TO JIM CHAPPELL - FROM MY HEART - PIANO

Nice easy music lulling me to sleep at 1:05 a.m., almost that is.  If I were in bed I might be snoozing.  But I'm sitting at the computer instead finishing some late night "stuff," winding up the day, checked on a few more things.   This is the last, however.  After this posting I AM going to bed. 

Had a tele call tonite from a good friend, Don Dominguez., my partner on "Cafe Dustyefsky" - our stageplay with music.  I wrote the story/book, he wrote music and lyrics.  It was produced at community theatre level twice ... ran 8 weeks each time.  People seemed to love it.  My plans were to take it farther, move it up to regional theatre after trying a small theatre in L.A. and then maybe another city, but ... as my old pal June Cain Miller used to say ... life got in the way.   And then I took a different route.   I sometimes think about pulling it out, though, and producing it here in Scottsdale/Phoenix area.  Possibility.

But right now I've more than enough on my plate.  Tons of stuff planned and books to publish, places to go, people to see.  Always up to my eyeballs, I am.

LH from Texas is arriving in January, staying indefinitely.  I'm looking forward to that.  She's always been a terrific helpmate and friend, and boy could I ever use some help with RJBP (publishing company).  Could also use the conversation and camaraderie.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ... "Midnight in Brussels" has been released!  Am I ever glad about that.   Third novel in the "Midnight" series.  Hallelujah!  I think this one is my favorite one.  Yep, it is.  I can't wait to read it again in about a couple of months, like I do with all my books, read them after they're published.  It's like reading them for the first time, in an entertainment way instead of having to edit them.

Next novel is "Midnight in Moscow."  I've been toying around with writing a murder mystery next (serial killer), but I don't think I'll do that just yet - it doesn't feel natural, although I have the premise and beginning of the story written.  I'll keep playing with it, but no, I'll do my Moscow first.  Have already started it.  So, sometime in January I'll buy some index cards, and tape them to the back of my door. Three columns of them: 15 for Part One, 30 for Part Two, 15 for Part Three.  I usually end up shifting them around, into not so equal columns before I'm done.  I write one-line descriptions of the chapters on them, usually have 60 chapters in a novel, give or take.  Same as 60 scenes in a film script ... carry over from my screen-writing days.  Works for me.

Okay, I'm more relaxed now, so I think I'll try to get some sleep.   I think I had had too many "Nutter Butters" today. 

Nite nite ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on the subject at hand ... would love to hear your reaction or impressions. To make it simple, just sign in using 'anonymous', but please tell us who you are in the content of your comment.