THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - Rebecca Buckley's Blog

Monday, May 31, 2010

UP TO MY EYEBALLS WITH ELECTRONICS

I'm surrounded by electronic equipment - big and small - and I'm not totally convinced it's all good, especially when one of them malfunctions.  I spent most of Saturday rewiring my computer and rearranging the components in order to be able to attach and use my flat screen TV (sitting on top of my desk unit) as a computer monitor whenever I want.  Success!  One of the reasons is that now I can download instant flix from Netflix and watch them on the big screen while lying in bed without purchasing a wii console (but that's coming next for the big screen in the living room - a wii). There is a possibility, however, I can use my mini-notebook to do the same without a wii in the living room, but I haven't tried that, yet.  Depends on the hookups. Another day.

So, here we are ... a wireless module to accommodate Linda's system in the library, a music system, CD/VCR/DVD players attached to all TVs, HP desktop computer, Apple desktop computer, fax/tele, Kindle, Blackberrys, iPods, iTunes, flash drives, portable hard drives, Studio 8 movie-making attachments, digital cameras and digital video cameras, recorders, and the list goes on and on.  Lotsa electronics!

I don't remember my mother and father dealing with all this stuff.  All daddy had was an 8 milimeter movie camera (film), a radio/record playing console, one TV in the den, a manual typewriter, and that was the extent of it.  My sisters and I had the little snapshot cameras - no computers.  We didn't even have disposable cameras then.  So all this electronic stuff has all come about in the past 50 years.

I wonder what the next 50 will bring ...

3 comments:

  1. Wait till you read "Shade" you might not want all of the technology around...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, Shade is in your new collection? Fabulous! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I have an intricate security system to protect my electronics and belongings, so burglars, beware!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment on the subject at hand ... would love to hear your reaction or impressions. To make it simple, just sign in using 'anonymous', but please tell us who you are in the content of your comment.