THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - Rebecca Buckley's Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

NEED A SHOT IN THE ARM! OR ....

What is this listlessness and wasting of time I'm experiencing the past couple days?   It isn't like me.  I'm usually writing or editing, designing bookcovers, Internet marketing, updating web sites or reading fabulous books from my library.  Am I on burn-out?   Should I just shut down and let it run its course?  But I feel so guilty doing nothing.

The dictionary's definition of listlessness is "Lacking energy or disinclined to exert effort; lethargic."  Miriam Webster sez "Lethargic" is sluggish.  Is also termed as fatigue.   Maybe it's mental fatigue.  That I could believe. 

But I don't know what is exactly occurring with me ... I'm wandering around the house and garden with no purpose, doing a little here and a little there, accomplishing nothing of any consequence. 

Am I bored?  I'm not depressed, I do know that.  No depression, no emotions on my sleeve, no doldrums, no tears. 

I really don't think I'm bored.  I've plenty to occupy myself and my mind, have all my stuff around me ... cats to love, books to read, computer to use, TV and music, piano to play, karaoke machine to test the lack of my singing ability, car to drive wherever I want ... so what the hell?  What is the problem? 

Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Was just reading your blog about doing nothing and feeling guilty about it. As busy as you are, ENJOY doing nothing. It's simply time to relax, clear your head and recharge.

    This is as much a part of the process as writing, editing, outlining. Just let it be.
    Love ya,
    Kevin James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, thank you very much, kevin. I know you're right. Something I need to work on, learning to just shut it off and enjoy the silence.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment on the subject at hand ... would love to hear your reaction or impressions. To make it simple, just sign in using 'anonymous', but please tell us who you are in the content of your comment.