THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - Rebecca Buckley's Blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

'WRITING FRIENDS'

Appearing today on her book tour is MARILYN MEREDITH  . . . author of the Deputy Tempe Crabtree mystery series as well as the Rocky Bluff P.D. series
One of the first authors to embrace e-publishing, she has several books that are available in both e-format and trade paperback, among them, the award winning mystery “Guilt by Association.”
Also a writing teacher, Marilyn has been a featured speaker at many writers' conferences and book festivals. She is a member of Mystery Writers of AmericaSisters in CrimeEPIC, and the Public Safety Writers Association.
Our featured writer today is editor of the California Residential Services Association monthly newsletter (Association for Administrators of State-Licensed Residential Care Facilities for Youth, Adults and the Elderly), and for twelve years she’s been a free-lance writer for the Tule River Times, Springville CA.
A busy lady as you can see, but somehow she has managed to write over thirty-five novels and travels to conferences, book festivals, and booksignings all over the country. 
Ms. Meredith says she enjoys writing about police officers and their families and how the job affects the family and vice versa. Having several members of her own family involved in law enforcement, as well as many friends, she’s witnessed some of the drama and trauma first-hand.
So here she is ... my fellow readers and writers … Marilyn Meredith … aka F.M. Meredith!!!!

Introducing Marilyn Meredith speaking on: 

WRITING FRIENDS

I first met Rebecca in Visalia CA in a coffee shop, along with another writer. We had a great time talking writing. We met once again at a restaurant. Then when Rebecca put on a writing conference in Florida, she invited me to come and be a presenter. Of course I did and had a great time.
When she moved to Arizona she put on another conference and I was invited to present again. Of course, I obliged. I love talking and teaching about writing. But even more, I wanted to see Rebecca again. And, we had a chance to visit and catch up.
One of the best things about being a writer is making friends along the way—writing friends and readers too.
Writers are amazingly supportive of other writers. Not only do they help with the writing process, they also tell others about your books and let you know about new ways to promote your books.
Yes, there are a few stinkers out there, but on the whole, writers are wonderful people who make wonderful friends—friends who last over the years.
This is one of the reasons I love Facebook, I can “see” Rebecca nearly every day and follow what she’s doing.  Of course this goes for my other friends, writers and others.
Though we’ve followed different paths with our writing, we still have much in common.
If she and I were sitting in the same room, I know I’d ask her what she’s working on right now and she’d ask me the same thing.


MURDER IN THE WORST DEGREE

BLURB:  The body that washes up on the beach leads Detectives Milligan and Zachary on a murder investigation that includes the victim’s family members, his housekeeper, three long-time friends, and a mystery woman.
  
CONTEST:  Once again Marilyn is offering the opportunity to have your name used for a character in one of her books if you comment on the MOST blogs during this tour for Murder in the Worst Degree.


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

THANK YOU SO MUCH, MARILYN!  So glad to have you as a guest today.  I am following you on your tour too, as I would think many readers and writers are ...  by the way, take a listen to the interview I did with Marilyn three years ago ... upper left ... Ciao for now ....

10 comments:

  1. Testing testing ... just checking to see that all is well ... so here we go ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Rebecca, thanks for being my host for the day. I have so enjoyed your friendship over the years--and I think you quite remarkable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a first time author, I am appreciating the friendliness of you experienced writers. This post adds reassurance. It's great to hear how supportive and welcoming you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Nancy, I had so much help along the way, it's time to give it back. Let me know if I can give you a hand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved hearing about how you two met! Two most generous, energetic, inspiring, talented, and accomplishment ladies and role models. Rebecca and Marilyn, both of you were there for me when I put my toes into the promotions world to say "Jump in!", you'll like it! Continued success to both of you!

    Madeline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Rebecca and I have the same attitude about trying anything new--"Go for it."

      Delete
  6. Marilyn, I'm going to order your book this morning, from your site or Amazon, where would you rather I do that? Rebecca here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Done! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment on the subject at hand ... would love to hear your reaction or impressions. To make it simple, just sign in using 'anonymous', but please tell us who you are in the content of your comment.