THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - Rebecca Buckley's Blog

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I'M IN A PIT!

Yep, I'm in a pit. A deep dark pit! Well, maybe not so dark, maybe just slightly dark. But nevertheless, I'm in one and can't seem to get out. Today was the worst. Slept most of the day. Actually couldn't keep my eyes open. Honestly. And when I was awake, I was lethargic.

So what is wrong with me? Am I just tired and sleepy? I don't think so, although I didn't get to bed till around 3 a.m. last night, and then got up at 8 a.m. Probably needed a couple more nods.

Am I sick? Nah ... no more than usual, that is. lol lol You know, the overweightness and high blood pressure issues are forever constant. Although, I've some wrong-eating issues these days. Yes, that could be a culprit. Have been gorging on sweets and starch. Those can put one to sleep, for sure, if consumed at great length. Okay, so it's time to shift that gear. Out go the sweets and starch (bread). Need more veggies and greens. More water.

But lately I'm just not interested in greens and veggies. And I don't know why that is. I've always been a salad and veggie person. My whole life. But right now they gag me to look at them, so I steer away from them. Chicken is gagging me, too. Can't bear to put a bite of chicken in my mouth, can't even stand the smell of it.

Fruit and juice is still appealing, thank god! So I had apples and OJ today. In fact orange juice sounds good right now. I'm going to pour myself a big glass right this minute ...

Yum yum, tastes good.

So. I need to hide the halloween candy from me. Need to put it somewhere so that I'll forget about it. Right now it's in the candy dish. I keep a candy dish filled on my dining room table for when my son comes over. He likes that. And it reminds me of when I was a young girl ... family would have those crystal candy dishes with lids sitting on their dining room tables. I loved that. Well, I'm doing it now. But lately I'm the one dipping into the candy dish more than anyone else.

Tomorrow I'm going to get back out into the garden and maybe that'll give me some energy. All this editing and writing and publishing and attempting to do Internet marketing is wearing me out. Maybe I'm on burn-out. Brain burn-out. Could be.

I was thinking today how it was when I first dropped out of corporate America several years ago. How I was so happy to have escaped projects and deadlines, and how I was looking forward to just writing and traveling and enjoying life, just being creative. Well! That was great for awhile until I jumped right back into the mix again. Only this time a mix I created. Now I'm wondering what the hell I've done to myself! lol lol

I need help! Help in the office, I mean.


*********************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment on the subject at hand ... would love to hear your reaction or impressions. To make it simple, just sign in using 'anonymous', but please tell us who you are in the content of your comment.