THE STORY BEHIND THE STORY - Rebecca Buckley's Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

END OF 2020 - SETTLED IN VEGAS

 It's been quite a year, this 2020.  I started out by leaving Cambria CA for good, with plans to travel in the UK and Europe for at least a year, maybe two.  Well I got as far as England when COVID19 hit.  All plans changed and borders closed.  I stayed in England till it looked like the US was going to close its borders to the UK, and I would be stuck past my legal stay.  So I came back to the States in May, to Las Vegas.  Stayed in a motel a month, found the perfect apartment near the strip, situated near all the conveniences - shopping, grocery, medical facilities, entertainment. restaurants, all of it.  I hit the jackpot!


2 comments:

  1. Great adventures and it just shows you have to be flexible in life. I have followed some of your time in Cambria with Jim and that prompts my question that led me there in the first place. I'm a writer also and blogger and recently have been researching the history of the film prop boat bed that Jim is reported to have acquired as part of his collection. Do you know of its whereabouts now? I'm not trying to buy it but just to report if it still exists and where it might be for a conclusion to a blog post on the boat bed's illustrious history. My thanks if you can help. Christian Esquevin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sold the boat bed to a collector in Simi Valley, Los Angeles area. He created a room in his home for the French antique. Knew exactly how to take it apart to move it, for he has other French antiques of the era. That was several years ago.

      Delete

Please comment on the subject at hand ... would love to hear your reaction or impressions. To make it simple, just sign in using 'anonymous', but please tell us who you are in the content of your comment.